Friday, June 6, 2014

Beribboned walker, and mystery plant

The mystery plant in our front garden bed has grown by leaps and bounds... still no idea what it is, but it's obviously very happy in that garden bed, and it's better than the barren wasteland that the yard crew made of the rest of our front yard last week when they came along and 'pruned' everything into non-existence, including chopping all the bananas off at ground level. I know the banana trees will grow back, but it's awfully bare out there right now! Anyway here's the plant...

And this is the other plant struggling along in that bed.

And now you've seen the mystery plant, here's something a little more creative... I have to use a walking aid to go any distance, and I just bought myself a lavender walker which had a plain black back rest and basket. The plain black part was just begging to be decorated, so I bought a rainbow of voile ribbon and went to town.


No comments: